Imagine that you have a new business idea and want to start a shop in your area. You can register the name of your business and even make a product, but none of that will work unless you rent a place to set up shop. This is exactly how web hosting functions online.
Web hosting is similar to providing your website a place to on the internet where all of the content, images, and videos that make up your website can be stored. It is an online service that makes your website available on the Internet.
The hosting should not be confused with domain name because the Domain is similar to saving the address of your business shop. Web hosting, on the other hand, enables you to open that shop and make you available to everyone in the Internet.
By the end of reading this blog, you will know what the hosting is, how it works, and the different types of web hosting. So, let’s get started.
The hosting is an Internet service that allows you to post your website, whether it’s a blog or an e-commerce site, as well as web applications, on the internet. Users of search engines like Google can access the content of your website. In fact, you simply rent some space on a server, where you can store all the files and Information Important for the functioning of the Website.
Websites are stored or hosted on dedicated computers known as servers. All Internet users need to enter the domain name of your website into their browser to access your website. Then, their server will make a connection to your website, your website will be delivered to them through the browsers like Google, Brave and Opera.
A web host, also known as the hosting service provider, is a company that provides the tools and services which are necessary for a website, to be made accessible on the Internet.
The Working of Web Hosting?
The key points that will help you in learning how web hosting and web hosting providers works are given below:
- Having web hosting servers will allow you to put all of your website’s data on the servers of your service provider.
- A physical computer called a server stores your website and runs 24/7 so that users have access to it at all times.
- The hosting servers will transfer all the files necessary to load your website, when a user types your domain name into their URL bar.
- When you use the hosting services, your web host is in charge of making sure that your server is available and running. Furthermore, they store all of your files, data, and databases on the server and protect from security breaches.
- You can host a website on your own, but it takes a lot of technical expertise. It needs the required hardware, software, infrastructure, and other resources.
What are the Different Type of Web Hosting?
1) Shared Hosting
When the hosting company hosts multiple websites on the same server, this is known as shared hosting. In this situation, All the website owners share the same server’s memory, processing power, and storage capacity.
It is the most cost-effective hosting service because costs are shared on the same server. Shared hosting is a great option for beginners that require affordable hosting to begin with because of its low costs and simplicity.
I believe that Hostinger is the Industry’s top-rated and most affordable shared hosting provider.
- It’s not that Expensive.
- There is no need for Technical knowledge.
- No need to handle server Management and Maintenance.
- Access to server configuration is low
- The speed of your website may decrease due to increased online visitors
2) Cloud Hosting
Cloud Hosting is the hosting solution that uses multiple virtual servers to host websites. As a result, if one server gets massive traffic or has a problem, the other servers will take over and keep the website running smoothly.
Cloud computing services are also provided by Major service providers like Amazon Web Services, and often include cloud hosting for cloud-based operations.
Due to its low to zero downtime, this is ideal for companies with numerous websites and for large-scale sites like eCommerce stores.
One of the best Cloudhosting service provider is Hostinger as given below:
- No downtime
- Handle high traffic smoothly
- It is more expensive than shared hosting and VPS hosting
3) WordPress Hosting
WordPress hosting provides a server that has been optimized for WordPress to speed up site loading and reduce potential problems. the WordPress hosting includes features like pre-installed plugins, themes, and other tools.
WordPress is frequently attacked because it runs over 30% of the web. WordPress also provides security from common WordPress problems using security measures.
WordPress hosting can usually run on a shared, VPS or Dedicated server.
After looking at a number of websites that offer WordPress hosting, we choose the Siteground hosting package. It is not quite affordable, but it is worth the money because their customer service team immediately resolves user issues.
- Low-cost and friendly for newcomers
- Improved capabilities for WordPress sites
- WordPress themes and plugins are already installed
- For Non-WordPress websites, This form of the hosting is not recommended
4) VPS Hosting
VPS stands for virtual private server. Websites running on VPS have their own partition with dedicated resources. There is more available memory, storage, and processing power in VPS.
However, resources and costs vary greatly, so be sure to do thorough research on these services before making a purchase. VPS hosting is advised for experienced users with server management skills.
VPS web hosting is a great choice for eCommerce Websites and Blogs with large audience.
When it comes to VPS hosting, Bluehost dominates the market with its Plans. You can choose vps hosting if you are a bit experienced in blogging and digital marketing.
- Personal server space
- Your website’s performance is unaffected by increased traffic on other websites.
- more customizability
- Despite being cost-effective, website owners pay experts to manage the virtual server, which increases overall costs.
5) Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated hosting means having entire server in our control. It provides you with access similar to a VPS, but you are not required to share the server with other websites or applications. Additionally, you have access to professional support and information when you need it.
Large online businesses that handle a lot of traffic should use dedicated hosting. Small and medium-sized organisations don’t have to spend thousands of dollars a month to rent a dedicated web server for their activities.
With dedicated hosting, you may customize the entire hosting environment and select the operating system and software you want.
Dedicated hosting are quite expensive because they provide a part of server to yourself. But is has its own benefits and is suitable for big website that has millions of traffic.
- Total control over the settings of the server
- Highly efficient
- It is Expensive
- Knowledge of Technology and server management is necessary.
What is the Difference Between Free & Paid Hosting?
By choosing free hosting, you may face unwanted advertising on your page and their domain name in your URL. While, you have complete control over the content of your website when you pay for web hosting.
There are several benefits to paid web hosting over free web hosting, as given below:
- Domain name & URL – Free hosting companies will provide you with a domain name that includes their name in the URL. When you use paid hosting services, you can pick your domain name and receive a custom URL.
- Content limitations – In free hosting, there are restrictions on how many photos and videos you can post, while in paid web hosting, there are no such restrictions.
- Server speed – Free web hosting services frequently experience server overloading. Therefore, you may have to wait for a few hours of down time. High-speed discs are available from paid hosting providers, and uptime is assured.
- Bandwidth & disk space –Free web hosting provides little amount of disc space and a low bandwidth. While paid web hosting provides Unlimited bandwidth and disc space.
- Security breaches – Better levels of security are included in paid web hosting. You are more likely to face a security breach if you use a free web server. Consequently, it is possible that your customers’ credit card numbers and other data can be stolen.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Define Web Hosting?
It is an Internet service that helps you to post your Website, Webpage or web Applications, on the internet so that users of search engines like Google can access your website.
Can we Host our Website for Free?
Yes, you can Host your Website for free, but it has many Demerits
Buying a Domain name, hosting it, and creating a website are the initial steps in building your online presence, whether it’s for an online store, blog, or other form of website. The hosting services makes it possible for your website to be accessed online.
A new website requires a lot of decision-making, Including how and where to host. If you’re aware of the basics of web hosting and the various types of hosting services. Finding a cheap and reliable hosting plan for your website will be easy.
Be sure to keep your needs in mind when you compare various services and hosting providers, and consider the benefits and Drawbacks of each.
Feel free to leave a comment below, If you have any additional inquiries about the hosting
1 thought on “What is The Hosting and Its Types?”